Monday, January 28, 2013

Quiet car rides

Though my kids don't look like this and are older - this is a good analogy to how they have been on car rides together.
Before Matthew went wheat free car rides made me want to pull over and get out of the car until they figured out whatever they were bickering about at any given time. Matthew could not control his hands and Jenna over dramatized anything that Matthew did and mayhem ensued. 



In the last two weeks (since Matthew has gone wheat free) the kids have gone on a few car rides - a quick one to pick up Jenna from a friend's house, and a ride to Awana's last week. Today they had a lot of time in the car to go from school to goodwill, to the dentist, to my physical therapy appointment and then home - in total a few hours in the car...

You know what I notice in the car since Matthew has gone wheat free???  Drama free car rides... It is so pleasant - I go out of my way to praise them and point it out to both of them how well Matthew is doing...

It is the little things like this that all add up to more peaceful feelings all around.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment